I intended to post this a month ago. I was just insanely busy so I wasn’t able too. Anyhoo, this is a recipe that is originally my hubby’s. Nagpaalam pa ako to post this. hehe. I really wanted to share this because it’s a super yummy meat sauce that goes so well with any pasta or sometimes with just bread alone. Just blogging about it makes my mouth water.
Here are the ingredients: (Let’s have a game before you continue reading: can you guess the ingredients even without looking? Ü )
- Ground beef (we usually buy lean beef)
- Bacon (mmm…bacon)
- Spaghettin sauce (for this time, I used original style, sometimes we use Italian style)
- Worcestershire sauce
- Olive oil
- Fish sauce (patis)
- Liver spread
- Italian seasoning (mixed dried Italian herbs)
- Bell pepper (you can also add celery and carrots), chopped
- Onions, finely chopped
- Garlic, finely chopped
- Parsley, coarsely chopped
- Parmesan cheese (not in the picture)
- Put 2 tbsps. of olive oil in pan. Cook the bacon until crispy. Remove from oil and set aside.
- Add 1 tbsp. of butter in the pan with oil and bacon fat. Be careful not to burn the butter. Sweat the onions then put the garlic in. Watch the garlic because they burn easily.
- Put in the meat. Put initial seasoning of Worcestershire sauce (2 tbsps per half kilo of meat), pepper and Italian seasoning. Do not over-season. It’s easier to add some more later. Let the beef cook. Make sure that liquid from the meat will be gone.
- Once the meat is cooked, put the spaghetti sauce and mix. Put fish sauce to taste. Add 1 tablespoon at a time. Taste the meat sauce first before adding some more. Let it simmer.
- Add the bell peppers, then the liver spread. Mix well. Add pepper and Italian season as you please. Let it simmer for 10 more minutes while mixing. Finally, add the parsley.
- Mix with pasta of your choice. We like using fusilli. Top with parmesan cheese and enjoy!
This is also a good way to hide some veggies for your non-veggie eaters. The meat and red sauce hides them really well. Not to mention this is a reaaaally tasty sauce, so I am pretty sure many people will enjoy this, especially them carnivores out there. Enjoy!