2011 has gone so fast. And for the first New Year’s Eve celebration of my blog, I’ll start a tradition of listing down all the blessings that we received in the year. It was a challenging and very interesting year for me and my family. I am grateful for my life in general. But let me just list down the things that I am grateful for this year.
- Mike. He’s my husband for those who wondered “who the heck is Mike?”. I married the most fun, the most patient, the most loving, the most funny husband. I am grateful for a THE perfect husband someone like me could have. Someone who can embrace all my quirks and whims 🙂 He’s my Supahman! (naks)
- Lucas a.k.a. The Little Jedi a.k.a., my caboodle, a.k.a.Twister Agustin. We’ve been wanting and waiting for a baby for two years and this year our prayers were answered. We have been blessed with a wonderful baby boy who just keeps us awed and amazed everyday. Lucas is all joy and love!
- The Little Jedi’s curiosity. I am thankful that I have a very curious little boy who is very eager to learn. It makes me a smarter mom too, I’d like to believe. hehe.
- Mommyhood. It’s a learning experience. I’d like to think I am doing a pretty good job even if I am working. It’s been a journey of laughter and tears this year. I don’t think it will change for the rest of the year. But I am embracing all of mommyhood because I have learned so much from it. I am looking forward to how it will make me a better person everyday.
- Our good health. We had some minor health bumps this year, but all’s well.
- Being safe throughout the year. The plane crash in Parañaque was just a couple of blocks away. And as we pray for those who were affected, I also felt thankful that we have been safe all the time.
- Our families. They have always been there for us. Can’t imagine life without them.
- Yaya Weng. Oh is she a blessing! The best part about her is she loves the Little Jedi and just enjoys taking care of him.
- Rache and Peds. They are my best friends. These couple were also blessed with the gift of marriage. I pray they will be blessed with a little tornado like ours also. Hee hee.
- My work. I can’t think of a better corporate life than the one I have now. The following items contribute to them.
- Patty, Miyan, Eu, and Ms. Pauline. They are my teammates. And they just make life at work a lot more fun. Too bad Eu had to leave this year, but she keeps in touch with us though.
- The other peeps in the HR department. Oh, everyone is just great!
- My trainees-turned-friends. Nothing is better than being more than just a facilitator but being able to influence and hopefully inspire my trainees. Better yet, building a friendship with them does not only increase the number of my friends in FB, but hey, the more the merrier, right?
- New friends. They just make life more colorful.
- Del, a.k.a. Japs. He is a pillow of comfort way back in college and until now at work.
- Moving to a new place. We moved to a new, rented place here in Parañaque in January. It’s been a sign of independence for hubby and me. Moving here has also taught us a lot more about marriage and family.
- Getting our own place. Before the year ended, we finally got a place that we can call our own. 🙂 It’s still in the same condo community, just in a newer building. It’s not much, but it’s ours.
- Learning how to cook. You have no idea how grateful I am to finally be able to cook. I finally feel I deserve to wear an apron that says “I can cook for my family”. Thank goodness for Yummy Magazine and Apron Cookbooks!
- Mommy Maggie’s Musings. Yey! I have been wanting one for the longest time. And here I am on my 50th post. When you have a very active baby life becomes more and more exciting that you’ll never run out of experiences to share. I am grateful for my readers as well. I hope you are learning something from my sharing. 🙂
- The blogs that have inspired and keeps on inspiring me.
- The shuttle service from Better Living to Ortigas and back. Commuting life would’ve been more difficult if they do not have these shuttles. Not to mention the very accommodating drivers and even barker.
- Book Sale. It has been my favorite bookstore before, it is still now. Especially since I buy a lot of books for Lucas.
- Learning how to put on make-up. Ok, so this is a little narcissistic, but it took me several years after college to finally learn how to put on make up. Thanks to Patty for that.
- All the weddings that we’ve attended this year. It’s always great to celebrate love!
- All material blessings we receive. From financial, food, gifts we received, everything!
These are just 25 reasons why I am grateful for 2011. There are more of course. But whether it is 25, or 250 or 1, that is good enough reason to celebrate, don’t you think?
Happy New Year to all!!!