“I never thought I’d fall in love with someone I haven’t met personally yet.” — me
These were my thoughts when I heard Lucas’ heartbeat for the first time. Like a girl with a crush, I got all giddy. Unlike a girl with a crush, I fell in love with the tiny being growing inside me. It was love at first hear. hehe.
We’ve been wanting to have a baby as soon as we got married. We got our wish two years after. It was a long wait and when we found out that we were having a baby, oh the joy in our hearts!
I can still remember how Mike told my Mama that I was preggo:
Mike: <grinning 180 degrees> Mama, nasa ospital po kami ni Maggie. Wag po kayo magugulat ha? Relax lang po kayo.
Me: <whispering> Pag yang si Mama, nagkasakit lagot ka sakin.
Mama: <inaudible but I can sense panic>
Mike: Magkaka-apo na kayo sa amin
Mama: <inaudible, but I definitely heard screams>
I looove being preggy. Here are some of the highlights and lowlights that I remember the whole nine months:
- I did not have morning sickness. Afternoon sickness was more like it. But I can only remember three instances when I felt that.
- During the first quarter of my pregnancy, traveling was the most difficult activity for me. I felt dizzy, not nauseous, everytime. Candy did not do the trick.
- My craving was frozen yoghurt. I would drag my teammate, my boss and our company nurse to Podium or even Megamall just to get frozen yoghurt.
- First book I bought: What to Expect When You’re Expecting. This book saved me during labor. I’ll tell about that in another post.
- All throughout my pregnancy, I never…read: NEVER, had a cup, even a spoonful of coffee. I avoided soda and iced tea too. It was just water, milk and cranberry juice (to avoid UTI) for me.
- I would read Green Eggs and Ham to Lucas.
- Lucas kicked so hard one night, I woke up from sleep.
- Lucas was super likooooot in my tummy. Now I know that was a glimpse of what to come.
- Mike was so supportive of my requests: food, helping me put on clothes, the music I want to hear.
- I listened to classical music.
- I learned to eat pineapple. I never liked it before pregnancy.
- I never had stretchmarks. I don’t know if it’s the body butter that I used on my skin. I used The Body Shop’s olive body butter.
- I looooved my baby bump, even when it got bigger.
- A lot of people thought I will be having a baby girl. They said I looked “blooming”. I was just really happy to be expecting.
- Lucas wasn’t…err…”shy” when we were finding out what the gender is.
- I hated cauliflower.
- I hated the smell of garlic, cooked cauliflower and Mike’s perfume. I would wake up whenever I smell him putting on cologne. I would even ask him to spray it on outside our room.
- My worst pregnancy experience was being constipated and it’s not a laughing matter.(Sorry if it’s grossing you out) :p It was the most painful experience I had.
- Hubby had an inkling that I was pregnant because I was oversleeping. My teammate said I had weird cravings (like the yoghurt). I can’t remember what other food I craved for.
- I loooooooove looking at Mike’s face. Siya yung pinaglihian ko.
- I had aversion with two people that I won’t mention. Really, even the sound of their voices was not a pleasant experience for me.
- I tripped on the stairs twice on my 6th month. One was during my friend’s wedding while I was walking up the altar to put on the chord. Second was in Jollibee while I was walking down. I was still fine.
- I loooooove going home early!
- I loooooove people going out of their way for my whims. hahaha. Oh, I love Yaku in Podium. They would make me California Maki without the fisheggs. heehee. That was the only Japanese food I had then.
- I loooooove every movement I see and feel inside my tummy. It was the most amazing and amusing experience ever!