I don’t want Lucas to eat processed food as much as possible. So when Mike requested for chicken nuggets, I wanted to make them myself. I partnered it with home-made mashed potatoes.
Here’s the recipe for the home-made chicken nuggets. By the way, Mike wittily named it Chicken-Mags-Nuggets. Hehe.
- 1/2 kilo chicken breast fillet or thigh fillet
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning (I think oregano alone will taste good too)
- flour or chicken breading
- oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Cut chicken into small cubes.
- Place in a food processor and blend until it becomes a fine paste.
4. Mix salt, pepper, and Italian seasoning with the chicken. The best mixing tools are your hands.
5. Roll the mixture into small balls and flatten. I made mine about half-an-inch thick.
7. Remove from the pan and place it on a plate with paper towel to absorb the oil. Serve with barbecue sauce.
Here’s the recipe for home-made mashed potatoes (I like to call them smash potatoes :D)
- 6 pieces medium size potatoes
- salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup milk
- scallions (optional)
- Boil potatoes until soft.
- Once cooked, drain the water and place potatoes in a bowl.
- I cheated a bit here because I did not really mashed the potatoes. I blended it in the food processor because I wanted the texture to be smooth.
- Add salt, pepper, milk and butter. Blend to mix.
- Taste, taste, taste! You can more butter or condiments until you’re happy with the taste.
- Julienne the scallions and garnish. You can add more when you serve it on each plate. It adds some crunch and additional flavor to the smooth mashed potatoes.
Viola! A hearty lunch or dinner served!