Talk about a very busy month. It’s mid-way in July and so many things are exhausting the whole family. The weather is not helping too. For the past three weeks we’ve been alternately getting sick. Mike, Lucas and the most recent victim, moi! The stormy weekend plus the training intensive week, plus the weeks before taking care of the two boys with their viruses finally caught up. But hey, I’d rather have it than them. At least I know how I am feeling and what to make me feel comfortable.
Speaking of comfort, I knew that a bowl of hot and savory chicken sopas will help me nurse and hopefully cure the annoying fever and colds during the weekend. They say a good chicken soup always cures a bad cold or flu. So with the assistance of yaya we prepared a hearty chicken sopas. And i’m sharing the recipe to you.
3 tbsps butter
1/4 kilo of chicken
4 cups of chicken broth
1 cup water
3/4 cup milk (fresh or evaporated)
Pasta – i used shell pasta but you can use macaroni also
1 onion chopped
2 carrots chopped
1 cup chopped celery
Salt and pepper
1. Boil the chicken until cooked. Take it out of the water, let it cool, then shred with your hands.
2. Melt the butter in a pan. Saute onions until soft. Add the chicken meat and cook for 2 minutes.
3. Add the broth and bring to a boil.
4. Add water and milk. Add salt and pepper. Let it simmer for another 5 mins.
5. Add the pasta. Cook for 8 minutes.
6. Add the carrots and celery. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until pasta is cooked.
7. Serve hot with pandesal and cheese. 🙂
There’s nothing like a good sopas! It brings back childhood memories of rainy Sunday mornings, your mom playing golden oldies on an old turntable while you enjoy a bowl of this yummy goodness. Mmm. I hope Lucas will have fond memories of me cooking this for him.