Me time. This is something that all moms should have. I intended to write about my me-times way back in January when I had my hair straightened. It has a mind of its own, you see. But I guess I was too preoccupied with my Little Jedi who’s growing up so fast before his Mami’s eyes.
So why have a Me Time? Do I not love being a mom and a wife and a corporate trainer? Oh, I love to be in those roles. When I am doing those, that’s when I am in my element. But every now and then, a mom needs a breather. Those roles aren’t easy and can be tiring. No matter how much you love chocolate, if you eat too much, you’ll grow tired of it. I love to be in those roles so much that I do not want to grow tired of them. So I need to take a break. That’s my first reason.
Secondly, I still am a girl with girly wants. I like going out with friends with my hubby and son. But there’s nothing like a nice girl-bonding moment. Either I couldn’t catch up with my girl friends or poor hubby can’t.
I’ve listed down how I spend my Me Time, or what I would like to call Mom-Me Time:
1. Blogging. This has got to be the first on my list.
2. Cooking. Ok. I know this sounds cheating because this still is a mommy/wifey role. But it’s true. My recently- developed skill relaxes me. I didn’t know cutting up vegetables and discoveries new dishes can be such a catharsis. That’s coming from someone who has a hate-hate relationship with cooking oil three years ago.
3. Baking pops. Same as cooking, I love making cake pops. It’s easy and brings out my creative juices.
4. Shopping. C’mon. I just said I’m still a girl, didn’t I? I’ll share with you my shopping secrets soon. How I get good purchases for affordable prices and where.
5. Visiting Saizen in Galleria. Explanation in number 4.
6. Getting pampered. That could mean getting my nails done or a massage or a facial. It feels nice to feel that you look nice. Hehe.
7. Reading. I’ve always been a reader. I’d read novels, business books, magazines, internet articles, heck I would even advertorials! Recently I learned how to appreciate reading ebooks, thanks to Ms. E. L. James.
But you know something? At the end of the day, the best Mom-Me Time is still cuddling with my Little Jedi.
What about you? What is your Mom-Me time?