I have been in an involuntary hiatus. I’ve shared about it on my previous post and so now I am trying to start writing again. Maybe ranting about my writer’s block was a way to help me get started. I’ll start by sharing one of the easiest post to write: a recipe.
I was deleting some photos in my phone and I came across one dish that I haven’t shared here. The squash soup that I tried a couple of months ago.
Squash is, hands-down, The Little Jedi’s favorite vegetable. He can finish a big bowl of Smash Squash, or this soup or any dish with squash. Dr. Saulog was even kidding when I told her about it and asked if Lucas’ feet has already turned yellow.
This is a really easy soup to make. This is a fusion of different recipes that I saw online with alternative ingredients.
- 2 tbsps butter
- 2 tbsps chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp. ginger
- 1 tbsp. flour
- 2 cups boiled squash
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups milk
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 cup chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to season
- Melt the butter. Saute onions for three minutes. Add the ginger and cook for another three minutes.
- Add cooked squash and chicken stock. Let it boil.
- Add nutmeg, salt and pepper. Mix well.
- If you like a chunky soup, put half of the soup in a blender and blend well. If you want it smooth, just blend everything. Be careful when you are blending the soup. Make sure the blender is covered well. If you are using a hand-blender, make sure you will not lift the tool while the blend button is pressed.
- Add milk and let it simmer for five more minutes. Add parsley and serve. Enjoy!