Yes, it’s a foodie weekend. 🙂
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day. Ironically, whenever it’s a workday, I would only have a cup of coffee for breakfast. Sad. I know. That’s why as much as I can, I’d like to give me and my family a good power breakfast. Speaking of power breakfast, to me that would be bacon and eggs. I love quiche and I love frittatas and so I tried to make a cross between the two. It’s not quiche because I didn’t use pastry and it’s not a frittata because it’s not fried and it doesn’t have potatoes in it. I think I saw it somewhere, a magazine maybe, but I can’t remember what it’s called. I remember the original recipe having spinach so maybe next time i’ll add that too. Needless to say it’s really good. C’mon, it’s bacon.
- 6 strips of bacon (You can choose your favorite kind. Prosciutto will also work I think)
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 1bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup of milk
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of quick melting cheese (If I had mozzarella I would have used that!
- salt and pepper to taste
Super easy procedure
- Preheat oven (190 degrees C).
- Beat the eggs. Add the veggies, milk and cheese. Mix well and add salt and pepper.
- Grease a muffin pan with butter. Line the bacon strips around each cup.
- Pour the mixture in each cup. Top with more cheese.
- Bake for ten minutes.
- Serve with a stack of pancakes and fruits or…bacon. LOL!