I finally made it. I was drooling when Toni of Wifely Steps posted it on her Instagram, I was drooling when Em posted it and I was drooling some more when Mars made it too. The drooling had to stop. So one rainy morning, I decicded to make the infamous dish.
I love anything with tomato sauce. Poached eggs? Tomato sauce? What a savory combination. I knew I was going to like it. I didn’t want to eat it alone and I cannot force Mike to try this because I was pretty sure he will not. I had to think of a way to make him try it. The only way I can do that is to put a little meat in it, ergo, the Italian sausages. He liked it! A little home-made garlic bread on the side and it was a hit.
It’s my turn to share the recipe with you. Special shout out to Toni for sharing it first!
Poached Eggs with Tomato Meat Sauce
1 Italian sausage
1 can diced tomatoes
1tsp Mixed Italian herbs
1 medium sized onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, chopped
1. Roughly tear the sausage and fry it in oil and 2 tbsps butter. Cook until brown then remove from the pan. Set aside.
2. Saute the onions until brown. Add the garlic.
3. Add the tomato sauce. Season with herbs, salt and pepper. Let it simmer.
4. Put the sausage back in the pan.
5. Create two small holes in the middle of your chunky sauce. Crack the eggs on each hole and let it poach. Put the lid on so it will cook faster.
Home-made garlic toast
Loaf of bread or any crusty bread
Clove of garlic
1. Slice the bread and spread butter on it.
2. Pop it in the oven until toasty good.
3. Slice the garlic clove in half, exposing the flesh.
4. Rub the fleshy side of the garlic on the hot toast.
Happy weekend everyone!