It’s the third week of the month already! It’s crazy! Didn’t I just finish my Christmas shopping? It felt like December really just passed by! In fact 2013 just felt like it was a dream. To be honest, it went like a blur. I told myself I have to be on track of what is going on around me all the time this year. Last year, the first two months went slowly, but the rest of the year went so fast I didn’t even get to do the things that I wanted to do. This year, I am committed to finish some projects and goals.
I don’t really do resolutions. I would rather make plans and goals. So here are my goals for 2014:
- Spend more time with Lucas. Admittedly, I have spent so much time at work but so little time with my son that I feel I have been unfair to him. I feel like he didn’t get the time he deserves from me. To be able to do that, I need to…
- Plan better. As much as I want to have 70 minutes per hour I just can’t have it. I don’t really believe we can manage time because it’s constant and intangible, but I highly believe I can manage my tasks. I mean I did buy myself a really nice planner so I need to put that in good use, right?
- Read more books. I planned to read 1 book a month last year. I read….two. I need to rekindle my relationship with books. I need to remind myself that it helps me relax and not just unwind, but also “rewind”. Finishing a good book always gives me energy and motivation of sorts. Any suggestions, fellow bookworms out there?
- Cook more. I vow to cook one new dish every month. I have so many cook books and magazines and I probably have only tried about 10% of the recipes in there.
- Be healthier. My body has already reached the plateau, I know. So I need to be more conscious of what I eat. I don’t want to be fit to look good. I just want to be fit. I’ll let you in my journey and share it here in my blog.
- Spend wiser. It’s about time to take financials seriously. I felt that it shouldn’t be a routine anymore. I need to take it as a serious responsibility. Now that we have more opportunities to manage our finances, I will take advantage of those opportunities.
- Get creative with Lucas. I am inspired by other mommies who can be so creative in their games with their children. I am no artist but I think I can squeeze out some creative juices for the little Jedi.
- Blog more. It was my goal last year and it still is my goal now. I need to be more diligent in documenting my sons milestones. The year just came and went and all I have are photos. Yes, photos are good but I am committed to my blog. 🙂
What about you? What are your goals this year? How are you planning to do it? Let’s make 2014 our year, shall we? 🙂