I have always been a fan of mint chocolates. Mint chocolate cake. Mint chocolate frappe. Mint chocolate chocolate. It started with my unexpected encounter with Andes. Actually York pala muna.
My Aunt gave us a box of these Peppermint Patties when I was young and that started my relationship with mint chocolates.
I couldn’t find any peppermint patties here in Manila but good thing I discovered Andes when I was in college. The relationship continues!
So when my favorite baking store told be that they have mint chocolate chips, I knew I had to buy them and make something lovely with them. She also showed me some butterscotch chocolate chips so why not, I’ll make something great from them too.
So finally I decided on making a batch of mint chocolate chip cookies and another batch of butterscotch chip cookies.
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 sticks unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light-brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups mint chocolate chips/butterscotch chocolate chips
- Pre-heat oven at 375 degrees
- Mix together flour, baking soda and salt
3. Mix butter, white and brown sugar until fluffy
4. Add the eggs and vanilla to the mixture.
5. Slowly add the flour mixture
6. Add the mint chips or butterscotch chips
7. Bake s for 8-10 minutes
8. Let the cookies cool and serve with milk.