It’s been a while since I posted about my eldest. I was back tracking my posts when I started this blog and I realized I blogged about him like every week. My Little Jedi is doing fine but he has gone through a lot of adjustment of being an older brother too. He has probably been experiencing emotions that he never knew before like jealousy. He probably doesn’t know how to deal with it too. I can imagine the confusion and possible stress his four-year-old body is experiencing when since we had the newest member of the family join us. Honestly, I can feel it has been tough for him. He has been acting extra loud and sometimes naughty but I am convinced that he is trying to get our attention. My poor Little Jedi.
He is also showing some changes in behavior even in school. He would easily cry especially if there’s something he doesn’t like to do. Good thing his teacher is very supportive and patient with him. She gives me daily updates about his behavior in class. She said my son maybe experiencing some challenges expressing his feelings. He talks a lot when he’s in the mood but when he gets emotional, all he can say is “no”. I am so glad that his teacher and I have silently made a partnership to help him express himself better and support him during these critical changes in his life.
His teacher talks to him more. She gets his attention when he’s crying. I observe her do it and I do the same at home. Slowly, he is able to express his emotions better.
I ask him a lot of questions when we are together. Somehow this helps him understand his feelings better. Here is a great article from parent.co that one of his teachers shared with me. This is
to encourage our young ones to express themselves better.
- What did you eat for lunch?
- Did you catch anyone picking their nose?
- What games did you play at recess?
- What was the funniest thing that happened today?
- Did anyone do anything super nice for you?
- What was the nicest thing you did for someone else?
- Who made you smile today?
- Which one of your teachers would survive a zombie apocalypse? Why?
- What new fact did you learn today?
- Who brought the best food in their lunch today? What was it?
- What challenged you today?
- If school were a ride at the fair, which ride would it be? Why?
- What would you rate your day on a scale of 1 to 10? Why?
- If one of your classmates could be the teacher for the day who would you want it to be? Why?
- If you had the chance to be the teacher tomorrow, what would you teach the class?
- Did anyone push your buttons today?
- Who do you want to make friends with but haven’t yet? Why not?
- What is your teacher’s most important rule?
- What is the most popular thing to do at recess?
- Does your teacher remind you of anyone else you know? How?
- Tell me something you learned about a friend today.
- If aliens came to school and beamed up 3 kids, who do you wish they would take? Why?
- What is one thing you did today that was helpful?
- When did you feel most proud of yourself today?
- What rule was the hardest to follow today?
- What is one thing you hope to learn before the school year is over?
- Which person in your class is your exact opposite?
- Which area of your school is the most fun?
- Which playground skill do you plan to master this year?
- Does anyone in your class have a hard time following the rules?